if you’re here because you love GoT. Visit the Lore Timeline post for a chance to win GoT on Blu-Ray.
UPDATE 2 :
More changes to the guide since it’s been first posted. Thank you very much to all the “editors” for submitted corrections. Your help is much appreciated. LOTS of changes to this post based on comments/requests.
Illustrated guide based on HBO’s Game of Thrones mini-site
WARNING! This guide is based on all the various character pages on HBO’s Game of Thrones guide. I simply combined it into a one page infographic. Most people consider it SPOILER FREE but some (esp. those reading books) might consider information in this image as spoilers since it reveals all the names, backstory and relationships between the characters which occurred PRIOR to the events in the first episode of the HBO series. To view how information was revealed on the HBO show scroll down to Episode Specific Guides.
Illustrated map based on HBO’s Game of Thrones mini-site
How All This Started:
I’m a huge fan of HBO’s new series Game of Thrones. I’ve anxiously anticipated the show since it’s been announced and simply can not get enough of it. In addition to viewing each episode TWICE I’ve spent countless hours on the HBO website looking through the character guides. There is a lot of back story for this show and the multitude of characters is almost overwhelming. Yesterday I started doodling the different relationships between the houses… and before I knew it I was at the computer creating a full blown relationship tree. This hasn’t been an easy task due to the sheer volume of characters involved but I’ve had a lot of fun trying to come up with an easy to understand guide.
SOME NOTES / Explanations:
1. Concerning the relationship between Loras and Renly. This hasn’t been explored in the series and I’ve tried not to include any future spoilers. For now I’ve put double quotations around their icon=).
2. Concerning Direwolf Lady. This is included in the episode specific guide.
3. Colors. I’ve seen some comments about the color choices for the different houses. I picked colors that make sense to viewers of the show who have not read the books
- Lannister – Yellow. Their symbol is a gold lion on a red background so yellow made the most sense. Also the actors are blond and Jaime’s Armor is kind of yellow colored. Nothing in the show made me associate them with red.
- Targaryen – Red. Red dragon is their symbol.
- Stark - Gray. Gray direwolf is their symbol. (OR GREY for you across the pond people
- Tully – Aqua. Fish is their symbol. Water = Aqua
- Arryn – Dark Blue. Their emblem is a falcon with a moon on a dark blue background. Pretty straight forward.
- Baratheon – Brown. A stag/deer is their symbol. Which I associate with brown.
- Tyrell – Orange. Well I didn’t want to use another yellow so there wouldn’t be any confusion.
- Greyjoy – Purple. It was the last color left in the rainbow. LOL! Well also squid made me think of purple.
Thanks for Stopping by & I hope you all enjoy my Game of Thrones Illustrated Guide.
Episode Specific Guides
WARNING! Some of you might consider information in these images to be a spoiler as they reveal names, backstory and relationships between the characters. Each episode’s image shows names of characters IF they appeared on screen or were mentioned but their full name might not have been said out loud by another character.
Map of locations and episode specific events
WARNING! Some of you might consider information in these images to be a spoiler.
Let me know if I’m missing anything on this one.